Friday, March 13, 2009

I Can Live with My Decisions

"A leader must be able withstand hostility and not back down on her position if she thinks she is doing the right thing," says a faculty member during our current conversation. That statement totally alleviated the little doubts that I had about my recent difficult decisions. For the most part, I believed that I was making the right choices, but that confirmation put my mind to rest. I will continue to live with angry people (at least for another week), but I am glad I did not trade making the right decisions in order to make others happy.

Standing up for myself is my new friend and our relationship is at best awkward, and leads to many negative reflective moments and emotions. I feel extremely blessed, though, to be at UCSF, an environment where that relationship is nurtured.

No comments: