Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Balance and Adjustment

I find myself dosing off or being really distracted every time I touch the book. When I manage to stay awake during my "reading sessions," I goof around with my pictures and do other things...like writing on this blog. It's hard adjusting to school and finding the energy to sit through hours of reading. I hope I will get into the swing of things sooner rather than later, like when midterms are days, instead of weeks, away.

I know I will be able to do okay with a little cramming before the exams but that's no way to learn. I'm trying to read before attending lectures so I can actually understand and take in more information. It's hard to keep up with the crazy pace of pharmacy school, though. It's only the fifth day of school and we have already gone through about 60 condensed pages of physiology, about as many for pharm chem, one chapter of immunology and a lot of review for pharmacokinetics. I can hardly keep up with the reading.

On top of classes and studying, I'm learning how to say "no" and stay away from my computer so I don't spend too much time on emails or pictures. There are so many extra-curricular activities that interest me, but I have to constantly remind myself that I need to do well in what I have already committed myself to do. I can't have it all....It's so hard to find the "golden mean."

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!