Monday, August 18, 2008

Basket Slamming Time

I was so frustrated at the substituting pharmacist today that I had to slam the baskets to get my point across. It was pretty unprofessional for me to do that but being put in a managing position when I'm only the intern pharmacist is pretty tough. My sister, who is normally in charge of the place, has been out pretty frequently lately, to take care of some other businesses. While away, she relays most of the decision-making to me so I have to take all the stress of managing a business. However, it's kind of hard to work with people who don't really care and are not team players.

While the rest of the team was slaving away answering phone calls, filling medications, helping customers, etc., the substitute pharmacist just stood in front of his computer, surfing the Internet! He didn't even bother to check the labels (with the words "delivery", "pickup", and "waiting" clearly printed!) and try to put the medications in the appropriate piles. After a few times of repeating to him our procedure, I just had it and decided to pick up his slacks on top of all the work that I had to do. However, I had to make sure he knew I was really pissed at him by slamming the baskets after bagging the medications and sorting them out. There was nothing else I could do. He didn't even want to be there to start with; he just did it as a favor for my sister.

Work has been backed up for the past two weeks and it doesn't help when the main pharmacist is not present most of the time. It was so busy today that I forgot to drive my car to the car wash as intended and got a parking ticket for not moving my car after two hours! There went my three hours of work! In addition, I had to gulp down my lunch in about five minutes at around 3pm! What a day! I don't know how many of these crazy days I can handle before totally breaking down and do something unimaginable. I'm so glad the summer internship is going to be over in about two weeks! There's my confirmation for not wanting to take my sister's offer of taking over one of her pharmacies after graduation!

1 comment:

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!