Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Summer Pharmacy Internship-Week 2 & Paycheck

It feels good to be on the positive side of finance again after I got my first paycheck this week. Even though it wasn't much, b/c it had only been one week since I started work, but it's better than having to pay out constantly without making any money.

Work continues to be interesting but really tiring after about eight hours of standing. I find myself falling asleep soon after dinner every night and not having the energy to review more of the OTC topics. So far, I have only managed to read a portion of the heartburn & dyspepsia chapter in the OTC Handbook. The review was much needed and the knowledge helps when I counsel patients on the OTC & prescription antacids, H2RAs, & PPIs.

Counseling continues to be a challenge but I feel fortunate to have a chance to practice. It keeps me on my toes in reading up on certain medications on a nightly basis and asking questions about them so I can do a better job.

2 comments:

william said...

I have not been able to sleep for the last week, and am getting very irritable. I have been taking zyrtec before going to bed, and it didn't occur to me that that might be the reason until i read your blog
------------------
williamgeorge
Job Openings

Florence said...



I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Health Home, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Health Home via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!