Sunday, July 6, 2008

My Thousand-Dollar Camera Lens

After days of reading reviews, researching and much anticipation, I went to Samy's Camera, spent twice the amount of money I made in one week, to get the ultimate multi-purpose, super fast and low-light shooting lens from canon: EF-S 17-55mm IS USM f/2.8! It's such a big purchase that my credit card company had to wait until I called to confirm the charge before removing the hold. The charge more than doubled the price of my Canon Rebel XTi and the salesman was trying to convince me to upgrade my camera, saying that the lens was too good for it. Although he was probably right, but I am quite happy with the camera right now and plan to use it for at least two more years. I would rather spend more money on a macro and a telephoto lens right now (if I could afford it!). I am seriously considering getting at least another lens before the end of summer. A good carbon-fiber tripod with a ball head (the cost is about $500) will complete the number of items to fit in my newly purchased camera backpack!

No comments: