Friday, June 6, 2008

Public Speaking

After three presentations in front of my classmates, I am really convinced that I need a lot more practice in public speaking. I don't mind presenting information in front of a big group but I don't know why I get so nervous at times. I wish I could control my emotions in ALL of my presentations and not let my nerves get the most out of me. Unfortunately, I sometimes tend to get really shaky and trip over my words or start babbling and make a total fool of myself.

Oh well...I just have to conquer my fears and speak up more in front of big groups. I wonder if there's a class that I can take to improve on my public speaking skills.

1 comment:

CVUSD concerned parent/IHB said...

I don't have a fear of public speaking, but if the topic of my presentation is something that is dear to my heart, I will cry uncontrollably. Someone suggested I join a Toastmasters chapter. Until recently, I had never heard of this group, but they are a public speaking group. I will attend my first class tomorrow night. Hope this helps you out.